This Thai noodle salad is so delicious and refreshing you’ll want to have it on regular repeat!
What’s more, because it’s a Thai noodle salad it’s packed with oodles of fibre-rich goodness that’s super fresh. The Thai people do it so well. In addition, the tofu/salmon/chicken along with the nuts serve up protein which is so important for midlife women.
So without further ado…
Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing
(Only you? Halve the ingredients to make two meals)
For the salad:
- Approximately a fist size of tofu/chicken/salmon per person
- 225g Pad Thai rice noodles, dry
- 1 iceberg or cos lettuce, sliced
- ¼ head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 4 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 4 tbsp roasted peanuts (or slivered almonds), chopped
- 1 mango, sliced (optional)
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp creamy peanut butter (we love Fix & Fogg’s)
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice – No limes? No worries, sub lemon
- 1 ½ tbsp water
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp fish sauce (optional)
- ½ tsp sriracha/chili sauce (optional)
- ½ tsp root ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp brown rice syrup (if needed)
What you need to do:
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Drain and set aside to cool a little.
- Make the dressing by placing all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and whisking until smooth.
- To serve, mix the noodles with the protein, vegetables, mango, coriander, nuts and dressing.
And there you have it. Thai Noodle Salad. Enjoy!
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Kcal: 476
- Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Meal Prep/Quick